Thursday 18 August 2022

Abortion and Jesus.

 

Persecution of the Paulicians.

I don’t think I have ever written about politics in my blog. I don’t believe religion and politics should ever unite. I am a Christian, but I don’t believe my moral decisions should be imposed on other people. I don’t believe there should be another Theocracy like the Jews had and some other countries have. Uniting church and State invariably brings about persecution, imprisonment and death. This has happened throughout history.

Do I think God wants abortion? I doubt he does. Should we make it illegal? I don’t think so. I think it has already been made plain what is going to happen if we do. So my beliefs are different than many other Christians.

Everyone knows the story of the 10-year-old girl who was raped and then pregnant. That state wanted to force her to have the child. A 10-year-old! My cousin had a baby at 14 and her insides were so ruined she could never have another child. Even leaving out the child, most pro-lifers want women to have the baby even if the mother would die! Even if the baby is so deformed it can’t live!

I think the worst thing about pro-lifers is their attitude towards the pregnant woman. They seem gleeful when they talk about sending her to jail. Doctors are scared spitless about being charged of aiding an abortion and won’t help women who are having a miscarriage. Women are already suffering terrible pain and great fear they won’t be believed if they say they didn’t try to lose the baby. Meanwhile the Christians are rejoicing.

I heard a man on a podcast say that he was glad about the new law but that the church better stop sending money to missionaries and instead take care of the babies and mothers. I thought, “Does he really think churches will do that?” How much money does it take to raise a child? What if the mom can’t find a job or even if she does are they going to help her pay for rent, utilities, clothes and food? How much will that be a month? Rent is so high right now it’s creating thousands of homeless people.

What would Jesus do? What would he do if he found out a woman had an abortion? I’ll tell you what he would do, forgive her and help her. Would he put her in prison? Who could honestly say Jesus would do that? Never, he would never do that. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Perhaps if Christians, all these years that abortion was legal, had helped women who were pregnant.  Perhaps if they had offered to take them in, supply their needs and just simply loved these women. Could they have saved babies from death? Yes. But they didn’t do it.