Monday 28 September 2015

My Old Blog Disappeared.



I don't understand how computers work; my husband does. Ever since I got a tablet and tried to set up a gmail account, the blog I've had for 5 years went off-line. The gmail has vanished too. You can still read my blog when you put in the address, but I can't post anything new or edit it, and the dashboard said I had no blogs!  The old address is: restoremelord.blogspot.com

My husband and I tried to fix the whole mess but nothing worked; so I decided to start over again with a new blog about God and me and our up and down journey together. For all I know, God wanted this to happen. Maybe he wants me to go in a new direction? Maybe I just made a dumb mistake! I don't know, but I do know I pray about blogging and hand the whole thing over to him. I only want to write what he wants me to write.

I prayed about a title. I think this one suits the journey I have been on. I've always wanted to understand why I did what I did. Who am I really? And since I was a child, I have wanted to know who God is. The problem with growing up in a Christian family is you sometimes get a one-sided image of God. It has taken me 60+ years to shed that image.

My former blog was more like Bible Studies. I guess this new one is going to be more like a journal or memoir. I'll still quote the Bible, but these will be more personal stories. I think. God may want me to do something different. That is one thing I've learned over the years; don't assume you know what God wants you to do. Be open. Let the Holy Spirit guide you.

By the way, once I post this, I have no idea if I will be able to access this blog again. If I can't, I'll have to find somewhere else to have a blog. That's okay too. May God bless you and may he cover you in the shadow of his wings.