Saturday 28 October 2017

Latest Paintings. God is Our Strength.

This is the largest painting I've done since learning on youtube. I wanted to paint about how God makes me feel, or paint an interpretation of a Bible verse.  The verses in Bible that mean a lot to me use the imagery of God watching over us. He is our shield, our sword and a strong tower we run to.

Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."  Ephesians 6:17

God is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. He is my shield, and I take refuge in him."   Psalm 144:2

"Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."  Proverbs 30:5

"The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."  Psalm 18:2

But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head."   Psalm 3:3

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him."   Psalm 28:7



I painted this raven for my granddaughter, Faith. She takes quizzes online where they tell you what kind of bird or dog you most resemble. She is a Raven. In the dog category, she is a Rottweiler! She is pretty mad about that. Lol