Wednesday 25 May 2016

"I Love That Bug."

I was out on my balcony this morning and heard a little boy talking with his mother. He said, "Look, there's a bug!" He was silent for awhile and then said, "I love him."

I thought how beautiful children are and how beautiful love is. I remembered how the Bible says, "The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love."  Psalm 33:5

I am sometimes discouraged and often sad when I read the news online. But lately, after reading this verse, I've thought about all the love there is in the world and how many good things are being done. The earth is full of God's love, especially in the hearts of children. 

My family is full of love for each other. I see love working when disaster strikes; so many people are willing to help others. A few weeks ago I watched a man save a bear (an adult bear) that was drowning. He could have been killed, but his love for that bear's life took over in his heart. He dragged the bear to the shore and the bear looked at him and walked away into the forest.  

Mahatma Gandhi said, “Love is the strongest force the world possesses and yet it is the humblest imaginable.”  Other people have said, "Love is the strongest force in the universe." God is love, so I believe it.

Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." And that is what he did. 

When asked what was the greatest commandment from God, Jesus answered, "And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”  Mark 12:30

So, God commands us to love. Is that logical? Can one command a feeling like love? All I know, is that when I feel anger at someone, I pray to love them. I pray to love God with all my heart and to love every person I meet. When God commands us to do something we think we cannot do, we just have to pray and he will do it in us and for us.